2020 National Political Conventions Information
2020 RNC and DNC Conventions Application Information
On Monday, December 9, 2019, the House Radio-TV Correspondents’ Gallery began accepting applications for Credentials, Work Space, Media Row, Broadcast Seats, Booths and Stand-Up Positions for the 2020 Republican and Democratic National Conventions.
Only bona fide news gathering organizations who report and distribute news using audio and/or video transmission may apply to the Gallery for credentials. If you do not meet our criteria, please contact the RNC or DNC Convention offices directly.
Examples of domestic or foreign organizations meeting our criteria:
- Television stations or networks
- Radio stations or networks
- News programs
- Internet news organizations utilizing original audio and/or video
Examples of organizations that do not meet our criteria:
- College, high school or other student stations or programs
- Production houses
- Satellite providers
- Public access stations
- Any audio or video group that does not provide news programming
- Websites that do not produce original audio and/or video news content
- Freelancers applying on behalf of themselves (Only news organizations can accredit freelancers they have hired to cover the conventions)
Daily newspapers, wire services and other daily publications should apply through the House Daily Press Gallery.
Magazines, newsletters and non-daily newspapers should apply through the Senate Periodical Press Gallery.
Still photographers should apply through the Senate Press Photographers' Gallery.
February 7, 2020 was the deadline for organizations requesting credentials, work space, Media Row, broadcast seats, booths and stand-up positions. Requests for specific locations within the respective facilities will come later in the process.
April 10, 2020 was the deadline for organizations who simply require the basic credential that all personnel will need in order to cover either of the two conventions. If you plan to file your reports from unassigned space in the Press Filing Center or from a location other than the convention complex, you are not required to fill out the application prior to this date.